To enhance your buying and selling experience, it’s our job as real estate professionals to provide you with as much valuable information as possible. It is essential that the buyer or seller be aware of all aspects of the real estate market before making a major decision.
March 12th, 2018 Article: Ontario's Best Investment Hubs This Year
REIN ranked the following cities in order of their housing market strength and potential performance over the next half-decade. Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge came in 2nd only to Ottawa. Check out the article from Canadian Real Estate Wealth here:
Ontario's Best Investment Hubs This Year
October 12th 2015 Article: 15 Ways to 'Give Thanks' for your Tenants
Check out this article from Canadian Real Estate Wealth:
15 ways to ‘give thanks’ for your tenants
Waterloo Residential Rental Bylaw began April 1, 2012
The City of Waterloo's Residential Rental Housing Licensing By-law (no. 2011-047) give the City the ability to manage low-rise residential rental housing in the Waterloo.
It balances the needs of property owners with those of residents looking for safe, adequate and properly maintained rental accommodation as well as limiting the impact of large rental housing units on residential neighbourhoods.
Under this program, landlords must apply for a licence and renew it annually by April 1. If a rental property sells, the new owner must apply for a new licence, which includes getting all the necessary documentation and inspections.
Details can be seen on their website:
6 reasons why Waterloo Region is an attractive place to live.
From Perspective Waterloo Feature Jan 30, 2018
• The Ion LRT service is set to begin running in the spring of 2018. The spinoff development along the line has been tremendous and continues to expand with the recent announcement of mixed-use infill at the former Schnieders factory site.
• Located along Highway 401, and less than 1 hour from Pearson International Airport
• Home of Region of Waterloo International Airport Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
• One of the fastest growing areas in Ontario boasting a diverse economy. Everybody talks about Waterloo region’s flourishing tech sector. But did you know that manufacturing accounts for approximately one fifth of our local economy? We’re also really big in advanced manufacturing, food processing, business, finance and education.
• Two world class universities and a college: University of Waterloo,Wilfrid Laurier University, and Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning.
• Conveniently located along Highway 401 and 70 kilometres west of Toronto, we’re also close to many US cities
Quality of Life:
• Live music & festivals throughout the year, great restaurants, breweries, an active arts community, symphony orchestra, an OHL team, sports fields, parks and arenas provide for an active lifestyle no matter your interests
• Is it the city life or country life for you? There is lots of choice in Waterloo region which is made of three cities: Kitchener, Cambridge, Waterloo and four townships: North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich.
If you’d like to know more about buying a secondary property for investment purposes or selling your existing investment property, then just give me a call. You’ll be glad you did!